I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

One of my favorite recipes. Really easy and quick. I sometimes make them in the morning before Aiden is done with his breakfast.  And they freeze very well.  They have a very strong blueberry taste so you have to love blueberries to like these muffins.  

Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 Cup flour
1/2 Cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
3/4 Cup milk (I use oats because it's thicker)
1/4 Cup oil

1 Cup frozen blueberries

In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder.   Mix in milk and oil.  Fold in blueberries. 

350 degrees for 25 minutes

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

That's a whole lot of blueberries!!!!!!!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I am trying my hardest to find where I got this recipe so I can credit them. Once I will I will post it but until than, this is not my own recipe since I don't know how to mix anything together without guidance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment