I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Friday, July 22, 2011

Crapes with Jelly

I make this recipe all the times and the mixture can stay in the fridge for a couple of days so you can make the mixture and make crapes for a few days in a row. 

CRAPES
2 Ener-g Egg replacers
1 Cup of Flour
1 1/2 Cup of milk (I use Oats)
1 Tbsp Oil

Beat together and make like pancakes but much thinner.  I usually mess up my first crape and after the first one it goes smoothly.


I love my spray pump. I can put what ever oil I want into it and I know it's safe for Aiden. (Crate & Barrel)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Pour a small amount of mixture on the pan and spread it around by shifting the pan from side to side. It should be as even as possible.

Flip it.  You should know when to flip it if you can shift the crape by moving the pan.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Smear some jelly on one side and Almond butter or Peanut Butter or Sunbutter on the other side (or just jelly). 

Works well with apple sauce also.

Roll the crape...

Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment