I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Allergy Friendly Potato Skins

We started a recipe exchange on one of the Allergy forums that I spend most of my day on.  Below is the recipe I shared. Picture coming soon.

Jared and I went to a pub recently and I ordered potato skins and the first though that came to my mind was I can totally make these for Aiden.

INGREDIENTS
(Portion sizes are to your liking, you can't go wrong with putting too little or too much of anything)

Potatoes
Dayia cheddar cheese
Tomato (diced small)
Onion (diced small)
Plain "So Delicious" yogurt
Salt & Pepper
Diced steamed broccoli

DIRECTIONS
*Microwave or bake the potatoes (I like to microwave first because it's faster)
*Cool and cut in half
*Scoop out a little from the middle to create a boat shape
*Mix dayia cheese, tomato, onion, broccoli, scooped out potato
*Place mixture in the potato wedge
*Bake at 350 until cheese melted
*Sprinkle salt and pepper

you can add bacon or what ever else you like.  I also added some olive oil to the potato so it's more moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment