I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fear of school

My baby is growing up, fast.  He’s almost 15 months now.  It’s amazing how fast time flies by. Before you know it, he’s in school.  And that’s what scares me more than anything in the entire world. When I think of Aiden going to school I get sick to my stomach.  I even cry at times. Actually, I cry a lot.  Not because he’s growing up and he’s not going to be with me all the time.  Because actually he’s not with me all the time now either, I work full time.  But what scares me is getting a phone call from the school saying that he and another kid from school shared a snack and now he’s fighting for his life.  Or that another boy had cheese crackers the night before and hid some in his little jacket pocket and one fell out while they were playing and Aiden was curious and ate it. Because let’s face it, three and  four year olds will eat what fell on the floor, especially something that has been forbidden for so long and finally he has access to get it into his mouth.  How about when his friend Jimmy has a sesame seed bagel with egg salad on in for lunch and doesn’t wash his hands and then plays with my son?

Aiden will be tested in the next few months and I am so anxious to find out how his levels are.  We know he still has allergies because he sometimes gets patches on his skin which usually is a result of an allergy.  He gets one above his eyebrow and on his shoulder.   We are nervous that it may be a new allergy since we are super cautious of what he eats. 

Here is my son being completely and totally awesome while having chocolate coconut ice cream..

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment