I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ian's recall

Ian's Voluntarily Recalls Two Products Due To Risk Of Contamination By Listeria Bacteria

I went to the store (Mrs. Greens) last Monday, as I usually do. It was the first time I saw "Mac and No Cheese" product so I got super excited and purchased it for Aiden. I was planning on making it on Tuesday for dinner for him but I had a migraine so he ended up with left overs. On Wednesday I got the email from U.S. Food & Drug Administration stating that the Mac and No Cheese products have been recalled. About 400 of the products were recalled and after checking the upc number, my package was one of them.

This just shows you how important it is to register for recall notifications, especially if you have a child with allergies.

You hear so much about meat and egg recalls but not until I had Aiden is when I realized how much is being recalled that you really don't hear about in the news, including vegetables and vegan food. Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment