I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Friday, October 8, 2010

Apple allergy

Because an egg, milk, peanut and sesame allergy isn't good enough, he now may have an apple and tomato allergy also.  He hasn't been breaking out as much since I went vegan but he still scratches from time to time.  Sometimes it's more frequent and other times nothing at all.  My husband has been blaming it on my milk and my diet since the beginning so he decided for us to avoid breast milk for three days.

As much as it all made sense to avoid breast milk I couldn't believe that it was the reason for his reactions because I am so strict with my diet.  So I couldn't do it.  I still fed Aiden breast milk behind my hubs back.  On the second day Aiden's back was much better and that pretty much labeled that it was my milk so I had to fess up that he was still drinking it.  Hubs was a bit ticked off but let it go since at the end all that mattered was Aiden's clear skin.

That night I realized one thing.  He hasn't had apples in three days and we know a few friends that have an apple allergy so we kept it away from him and his skin has been so much better.  Apples! would have never guessed it.

I pray that he doesn't get more allergies.

Doesn't his skin look amazing? I'm such a proud mama!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment