I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Symptoms

Every time I look at my son’s pictures from when he had an outbreak I get very upset with myself for not automatically knowing it’s an allergy. It was so obvious from his swollen eye, his rashes and all the itchiness. I don’t understand why I did not make the connection and why it took me and my husband 7 months to really get to the root of it.

He still gets an outbreak from time to time, a mild one. I honestly think there is an additional allergy lurking around in my diet but I can’t figure out what it can be.

I think every parent needs to be very cautious and watch out for the most common symptoms…

~ Itching
~ Rash / Hives
~ Swelling
~ Wheezing
~ Abdominal pain
~ Blood in diaper

That's not all of them, but the most common ones. We saw the top three constantly. Aiden is still very itchy, especially on his birthmark on his neck but a world of difference

No comments:

Post a Comment