I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Health

"A good diet is the most powerful weapon we have against disease and sickness"


This is my favorite quote from the book The China Study which I just started reading. It was recommended to me by a friend who has done his research on veganism. I am about 4 pages in only and I can honestly say that I will never go back to eating meat, whether Aiden grows out of his allergies or not.

There is solid proof that meat protein is linked to cancer and other deadly diseases. I remember learning the life cycle in High School and how we need to eat meat to survive. It's all for survival. It seems we are brainwashed from birth.

I can not wait to keep reading this book and learn how to make positive changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment