I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Salmonella case

August 2010 – 380 million eggs are being recalled due to a salmonella outbreak. You go ahead and have your eggs! Me and my son will stick to our egg replacer and tofu scramble.

It seems that there are way too many salmonella outbreaks with meat and eggs these days. Why take the risk? This can be totally preventable if we just look at our health and avoid things that make us sick.

Originally I became a vegetarian and only avoided things that walked because I felt bad for the animals. Especially after watching a move called Faces of death when I was in High School. But now my reasons are far more deeper than that. It still is about the animals, but now it’s mainly about my health.

One of my favorite things to use instead of eggs when I’m baking or making pancakes is EnerG Egg Replacer. You can also use pureed banana or apples. Using egg replacer when baking substitutes 100 eggs. So you will save a ton of money and be on a healthier path. You can also lick the bowl from the brownie mix with out worrying that you will have salmonella.

No comments:

Post a Comment