I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chocolate banana

Since being on maternity leave I get about 30 - 60 minutes to myself a day and I usually spend it watching the food network channel.  I love watching Giada at home even though almost everything she makes has meat and cheese in it, but I just love watching her cook in her beautiful home with that unbelievable view.

She actually had this banana recipe that is very allergy friendly and so ridiculously delicious!  Best part is, it's so quick to make. 

Directions:
- Melt butter in a pan (good amount)
- Slice the banana in half and then again in half so it looks like a sandwich
- Coat each piece in brown sugar and cinnamon
- Cook the banana until the sugar begins to harden (about a minute on each side)
- Melt some chocolate (enjoy life chocolate chips) and pour over the banana

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Btw - I'm totally impressed with how this photo came out! watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment