The video does not tell you measurements of anything so I pretty much just added as per my liking. I also wanted to limit my work so I purchased one of those small containers of minced celery / carrot / onion containers from Trader Joes. You can pretty much omit or add what ever ingredient you want (except for the beans and bread ingredient)
- 1 can of white beans (completely drained)
- Minced garlic
- Minced onion
- Sweet bell pepper
- Minced carrot
- Minced Celery
- White flour (I used panko.. but I'm sure anything GF will work also as long as it soaks up the moisture)
- Olive Oil
- Mash the white beans with a fork and leave some of the texture
- Emeril does not cook the veggies first, but I did because I like them softer.
- Add the flour / panko / GF flour until the mixture becomes a bit sticky
- Mold into patties and cook until they start turning color.
- Mine barely kept shape so next time I'll use a little more panko breading
I added some sliced avocados on top of the burger and made a sandwich (on 7 grain bread) and it was absolutely amazing! Even my meat eating husband was enjoying it. My son not so much. He gags from beans and acts like he is being poisoned. He has been tested for lentil / bean allergies and always comes back negative. I'm assuming he just doesn't like the texture of beans.
I made so many bean burgers in the past and never attempted to make a bean burger out of white beans. So much tastier! and looks better also.