I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Allergy friendly BBQ

So far, all I have done on this blog is vent about my son's allergies.  They suck. Really-really-really suck!  But my husband and I recently hosted a BBQ at our house and we made sure that it is completely safe for Aiden. Which means, no dairy, soy, eggs, nuts.  Friendly to a vegetarian and a meat eater. 

On the menu: Hot dogs, Good dogs, Veggie burger, beef burger, turkey burger, corn on the cob, mixed veggies and pasta

Ok.. so there were a few slices of cheese going around, but Aiden wouldn't have an anaphylactic reaction to that.

For desert we had Enjoy Life's brownie cookies and So Delicious chocolate ice cream with an allergy friendly cone.  All the kids LOVED the ice cream and my son is the biggest fan.

The best part of it all, I was able to relax and enjoy watching my son run around with other kids while having an ice cream cone in his hands.  And to make things even more exciting, seeing all the other kids with ice cream cones in their hands near my son and I'm not a mama-bear going on an attack.

Some photos of this fantastic day!

Aiden having an ice cream cone for the first time. wow, it's cold! 


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Photo & Video Sharing by
SmugMug


Photo & Video Sharing by
SmugMug

This is how the summer days should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment