Here is my modified version of the recipe...
1 cup of veggies (carrots, peas, corn)
2 cups broth or water (i used water)
1 cup quinoa
2 tsp. brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice apples and place them flat onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Bake for 8 minutes. Turn apples over and bake for an additional 5 minutes (or until really soft and slightly golden.)
- Make Quinoa: usually its 2 cups of water (or broth) and 1 cup of quinoa (check the box). I used a little extra water to make it softer. It's like making rice.
- Make veggies: I used frozen packaged veggie mix. I use the one that has chopped carrots, peas and corn inside. Cook these in a separate pan.
- Combine the Quinoa and apples. Stir both together and then mash the apples (this way the quinoa gets all the flavors from the apples). Add the veggies and mix all together.