I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Almond butter cookies

If someone told me a few years ago that I would be creating a recipe, I would have laughed.  About a month ago I was looking for some cookie recipes using almond butter and couldn't find anything ideal. So I started playing around with a recipe and after a bunch of trial and errors I finally got it right, at least that's what my taste buds tell me.

These  cookies are pretty healthy and full of protein and my son adores them. You can either use peanut butter, almond butter or Sunflower butter, depending on you allergies. I have only tried these cookies using almond butter but plan on giving sunflower butter a try in the next few weeks.  obviously peanut butter is out of the question.

Allergy friendly almond butter cookies

1 1/2 C flour
1 C Almond butter
1/4 C oil
1/4 C sugar
1 t vanilla
1 plain "so delicious" yogurt
"enjoy life" Chocolate chips

In a stand mixer, add all ingredients and mix on low for two to four minutes.
Use an small ice cream scooper and place on an ungreased cookie sheet
Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes
Let it cook before moving
enjoy.. mmmm 




Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment