I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Monday, June 17, 2013

Meal plan

My kid friendly meal plan for the week of June 17th 2013

It's funny that I write "kid friendly" when most likely Aiden will end up eating pasta with butter or chicken nuggets for dinner every night.   His food issues are becoming unbearable and his fear of new food is making me really worry.  I am terrified every day that he's not getting enough nutrients.  He also stopped taking his vitamins for some reason which means he's hardly getting any protein, calcium or vitamins.  He's always tired and keeps telling us "I'm not feeling good" and then lays down on the couch.

Monday
Veggie Pasta (this recipe)

Tuesday
Bean Burger (this recipe)

Wednesday
Teriyaki Chicken (for husband & kids) / Tofu (for me & kids) with rice and veggies

Thursday
Veggie risotto

Friday
Out to dinner

Saturday
Veggie Lasagna

Sunday
Vegan Pizza 


my two sleepy heads

No comments:

Post a Comment